1. "Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans."
2. "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."
3. "Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it."
4. "Only by trying on other people's clothes do we find what size we are."
5. "Produce your own dream. If you want to save Peru, go save Peru. It's quite possible to do anything, but not if you put it on the leaders and the parking meters. Don't expect Carter or Reagan or John Lennon or Yoko Ono or Bob Dylan or Jesus Christ to come and do it for you. You have to do it yourself."
6. "Declare it. Just the same way we declare war. That is how we will have peace… we just need to declare it."
7. "Surrealism had a great effect on me because then I realized that the imagery in my mind wasn't insanity. Surrealism to me is reality."
8. "When you do something noble and beautiful and nobody noticed, do not be sad. For the sun every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience still sleeps."
9. "Happiness is just how you feel when you don't feel miserable."
10. "If everyone could just be happy with themselves and the choices people around them make, the world would instantly be a better place!"
11. "You know the way people begin to look like their dogs? Well, we're beginning to look like each other."
12. "A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it."
13. I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.
14. "The thing the sixties did was to show us the possibilities and the responsibility that we all had. It wasn't the answer. It just gave us a glimpse of the possibility."
15. "…Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I don't know what will go first, rock 'n' roll or Christianity. We're more popular than Jesus now. Jesus was all right, but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It's them twisting it that ruins it for me."
16. "We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight."
17. "When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind."
18. "You're all geniuses, and you're all beautiful. You don't need anyone to tell you who you are. You are what you are. Get out there and get peace, think peace, and live peace and breathe peace, and you'll get it as soon as you like."
19. I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?
20. "Everything is clearer when you're in love."
21. "I'm not really a career person; I'm a gardener, basically."
22. "Sometimes you wonder, I mean really wonder. I know we make our own reality, and we always have a choice, but how much is preordained? Is there always a fork in the road, and are there two preordained paths that are equally preordained? There could be hundreds of paths where one could go this way or that way — there's a chance, and it's very strange sometimes."
23. "Peace is not something you wish for; It's something you make, Something you do , Something you are, And something you give away"
24. "Why in the world are we here? Surely not to live in pain and fear. Why on earth are you there, when you're everywhere-come and get your share."
25. "Creativity is a gift. It doesn't come through if the air is cluttered."
26. "Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it."
27. "Love is like a precious plant. You can't just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it's going to get on by itself. You've got to keep on watering it. You've got to really look after it and nurture it."
28. "You don't need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!"
29. "There are no problems, only solutions."
30. "There's nothing new under the sun. All the roads lead to Rome. And people cannot provide it for you. I can't wake you up. You can wake you up. I can't cure you. You can cure you."
31. "Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one."