Guava leaves deserve much more than the attention they are already given because of the numerous health benefits they provide. These leaves are rich in important nutrients such as vitamins A and C, healthy fiber, lycopene and potassium.
We are going to present you 17 of the most amazing health benefits that guava leaves provide:
1.Tea made from guava leaves decreases bad cholesterol levels (LDL) without affecting the levels of good cholesterol (HDL).
2. Guava leaf tea can also treat bronchitis and cough.
3. You can relieve the itching caused by allergies by applying crushed guava leaves on the affected area.
4. Insect bites can also be relieved with the abovementioned method.
5. You can treat hair loss by boiling guava leaves. Use the cooled liquid to massage your scalp in order to prevent further hair loss.
6.Guava leaves can help you lose weight. The tea made from these leaves prevents carbohydrates to turn into sugar while suppressing the appetite.
7. In case of food poisoning guava leaf tea provides great relief for the upset stomach.
8. Diarrhea and dysentery can also be treated with guava leaves due to their powerful antimicrobial properties.
9. In case of enlarged prostate or prostate cancer guava leaf tea works like a charm.
10. Men who have fertility problems should consume this tea.
11. If you have problems with acne or pimples the guava leaves can help you heal them and reduce their appearance due to the vitamin C they contain.
12.To prevent infections from minor cuts or skin abrasions apply crushed guava leaves. Another way of using this miraculous tea is to relieve outer ear infection. Take a few drops from the cooled guava tea and apply them in your ear.
13.For dengue treatment, take 9 guava leaves and boil them in 5 cups of water. Boil until half of the water evaporates.
14. Diabetic should also consume this tea because it does not stimulate insulin secretion but it helps reduce blood sugar levels.
15. If you have a toothache or inflamed gums and sores in your mouth chewing guava leaves will provide a great relief.
16. If you have those annoying blackheads you can remove them with your homemade guava scrub. Crush a few leaves and stir them with some water and apply them like you do with your regular face scrub.
17.The previous method is also great for preventing premature skin aging.
We are sure that you will try at least one of these amazing uses for guava leaves. If you are lucky enough to have a guava tree in your backyard, take some leaves right now and you will be amazed by the results.